Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ok, so it's been 4 days now that I've been eating like a vegan

So let me start out by saying I went out to The Vegan Society online and took a 7 day pledge to eat vegan. Today is day 4 since I made that pledge. Surprisingly, it has been much easier than I thought it would be. It's not as difficult as some might think...even if the dishes do take some creativity to make. Case in point, tonight we had a vegan mac~n~cheese for dinner with a vegan chocolate cake. The mac~n~cheese passed the kid-test as did the cake. It was actually very good...without an ounce of cheese. You can find the recipe here at this link:

Vegan Mac~n~Cheese

It really is VERY good...truly.

Even the chocolate cake that I baked tonight was good. It was moist and had a fudgy/brownie texture. It was SO yummy! Here's the link for that recipe:

Vegan Chocolate Cake

It just goes to show that veganism is not limited at all...we shall see how all of this pans out when I have completed my pledge period. Oh, and something interested happened to me just yesterday. So the kids and I grabbed lunch at a little restaurant yesterday afternoon. I ordered a vegetable soup. So the waiter brings out our food and I saw the soup - it looked pretty good. So I reached into the soup to take a bite and brought up shredded chicken. That was surprising. What was even MORE surprising was that I was REPULSED by it. I can't explain it and I don't even pretend to understand it. I could NOT bring myself to eat it...it just was not appetizing in the least. I mean it was actually GROSS...I don't get that at all! Especially since I'm not an animal rights activist. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I DON'T CARE - I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF ANIMALS BEING MISTREATED SO LET ME MAKE THAT PERFECTLY CLEAR. I just mean that I'm not going to be forceful or persistent to others regarding my personal choices. So all of that aside, I found the chicken just gross and unappetizing...honestly it was just odd. Oh well, c'est la vie! Happy life and good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment