Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 5: Not as bad as I thought!

Hello! Today was day 5 for me. I am happy to report that I did not gain anything after my splurging yesterday so that made me ecstatic! On another note, I did an experiment today to see how not paying attention to how much water you drink can affect your appetite or your perception of your appetite. In doing so, I have learned that I am one of those people that can't differentiate between needing water or needing food. Interesting, eh? As a result, I did rather poorly all day today, but this does help me in seeing what I need to work on. I also need to work on incorporating more fruits and veggies. Without further ado, here was my day:

Breakfast - 4.1 oz
Honey Greek Yogurt
Vanilla almond granola

Lunch - 5 oz
Red beans and rice

Snack - 3.8 oz
PB&J on multigrain 100 calorie rounds

Dinner - forgot to weigh it and is more of a snack than dinner per se...
Mini Nilla Wafers (one handful)
Milk (approx 5-6 oz in the cup I used)

Something else I realized about myself is that without drinking lots of water, the food I crave is carbs. Not that carbs are bad necessarily, but I had to literally force myself to not have any more Nilla Wafers or a second PB&J! I also realized that I was eating what I was craving even though it did not make me happy. I guess that shouldn't be surprising seeing as how cookies made my offender list, but I thought that eating it would make me happy, but this is not the case. So if nothing else, I can walk away from today realizing that drinking water is absolutely key in helping me eat better. I did, however, get happy upon realizing that my Valrhona chocolates arrived today. I had ordered some as per Mireille since giving it up altogether is no way to be happy! I had a small piece and it was absolutely heavenly so I am now happy again. Despite my somewhat off day, tomorrow is another day; c'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment